RunWith is a simple and cool Mozilla Firefox extension that allows to launch a program from your local Windows computer.
How it works?
- First select the program to launch from Tools/Add-ons/Extensions/RunWith/Option.
- Select a text in the web document you are viewing.
- Right click and, in the context menu, click on RunWith.
- Alternatively you may click on Tools and RunWith.
- The program will be executed with the selected text given to the program as a command line parameter.
What this is for?
I have developed this extension for my own needs and I am now sharing this with whoever wants.
It is intended to those developers or semi-developers who write scripts to make their life easier.
By itself this extension does not do anything, but with the appropriate batch, vbs or other script of all kinds, it can do everything.
Example of use:
- Send email with a predifined script to an address selected in the document.
- Archive information shown in the page.
Here is a sample of scripts that can be used as an example.
Download RunWithCompanion, Unzip the content into the folder c:\RunWithCompanion.
In Tools/Add-ons/RunWith/Options select the file c:\RunWithCompanion\menu.bat.
You are ready to go, test here.
Free. As is. Not liable for any damage.
Sources: Preserve the headers.
If you like this extension, you owe me a drink...